Advanced Therapies Wales invites you to attend the ATMP Symposium. Hear from sector leaders, including senior clinicians, patients, industry and WHSSC, providing an overview of the emerging landscape, and how we can help shape a delivery plan for Wales.
Delivering this new chapter of healthcare for NHS Wales.
Advanced therapies is now becoming a reality, with a total of 25 Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) granted market authorisation in Europe. A further 15 products are expected to receive market authorisation across Europe and the USA in 2023, with UK approvals expected to follow. As these new therapies gain marketing authorisation, following NICE appraisal and recommendation, they will create potentially life-changing opportunities for patients in Wales.
Chaired by Suzanne Rankin, Senior Responsible Officer for the Advanced Therapies Wales Programme, this event will provide:
- Sector overview, how it is developing and products coming to market
- Welsh Government’s Precision Medicine ambition for Wales
- Expert insights from clinicians on delivering these therapies
- Industry collaboration with the NHS
- Patient perspective on these transformative therapies
- Action to enable delivery in Wales, including the required infrastructure and workforce
Who is the event for?
This event is intended for senior clinicians, NHS planners, operational managers, chief pharmacists, and all those involved with or interested in working with advanced therapies and delivering them in Wales.
This event is being delivered in partnership between Advanced Therapies Wales and Life Sciences Hub Wales.