Location: Cardiff Bay
Responsible to: Communications Director (CD)
Salary Band: 3
Direct Reportees: Social Media & Digital Communications Executive, Communications, Marketing and Events Executive (Programmes)
The Head of Communications and Public Relations is critical to the company achieving its strategic purpose. Reporting to the Communications Director (CD), the HCPR is responsible for leading on the development and delivery of the company's PR and communication activity.
The post holder is also responsible for leading integrated communications, public relations engagement and marketing activity for the company's externally funded programmes, for the duration of the programmes.
The post holder is expected to be creative, passionate and work effectively within budget.
The specific duties and responsibilities will develop organically in the short term. The CD and post holder will agree a final job description at an appropriate time.
Although based in Cardiff Bay, the role is peripatetic therefore the post holder must be able and willing to travel.
The success of this role will be assessed against individual objectives and team key performance indicators of LSHW. Performance will also be judged against the overall delivery of the strategic / delivery plan against the requirements of the Remit Letter.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Company’s communications and public relations strategies to raise the profile of the Company, increase awareness of its work, drive engagement with stakeholders, industry influencers and opinion leaders, in Wales, the UK and Internationally.
- Work flexibly with the Communications Director to ensure that Communications and PR strategies and plans are effectively integrated with Overarching Communications, PR, Marketing and Events Strategies.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Events to develop and deliver impactful, integrated campaigns that deliver joint objectives as part of the overall marketing and communications strategy to achieve the Company’s business objectives.
- Profiling the Company’s success stories, taking detailed, complex programmes and projects and connecting these with internal and external audiences through media coverage, external and internal communications channels.
- Working alongside colleagues across the team to identify opportunities to promote the Company’s reputation, impact and investment, raising the profile of the Company in Wales, the UK and Internationally.
- Lead on all media engagement activity, maximising pro-active opportunities to build, maintain, promote and protect the Company’s reputation with key stakeholders.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain strategic relationships with the Welsh, UK and International media, including online, broadcast and print.
- Provide support, expert advice and guidance on communications best practice to Programme Delivery teams.
- Ensuring that all communications activity, content and collateral adheres and meets publicity guidance and requirements from external funders at all times, advising colleagues on these policies where required.
- Ensure effective and efficient supplier management. Responsible for the appointment and management of external consultants / suppliers - monitoring the delivery, quality and cost-effectiveness against contract
- Provide timely project updates, performance reports and briefings as required to support the needs of senior management, ARC, Board, Welsh Government and Ministers.
To apply, please forward a comprehensive CV with educational and professional qualifications, full employment history and current salary, in addition to a supporting statement.
The supporting statement should be no more than three sides of A4. Please provide evidence in the statement of your suitability against the criteria in the Person Specification and explain why you are interested in the position.
Applications should be submitted to Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 3 July 2019
Interview date: Monday, 22 July 2019
For more information on the role, please see the job description below: