Location: Cardiff Bay
Responsible to: Operations Director
Closing date: 12 June 2019
We are looking for someone to join our team who has experience of working within a human resources (HR) team as an HR Administrator and has the capability of providing PA support to multiple managers. Reporting to the Operations Director, the HR Administrator and Personal Assistant will provide high quality, confidential HR administration and PA support to the Chief Executive Officer & Operations Director.
The post holder will:
- Work proactively to manage and support the activities of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Operations Director (OD); and
- Provide comprehensive and confidential HR Administration services to LSHW working with the management team and the outsourced HR and Legal team.
As a new role the Operations Director and post holder will agree a final job description at an appropriate time.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide confidential and comprehensive PA support to the CEO and OD including diary management, file management and the production of high-quality correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Support the CEO and OD to manage workload; understand commitments; highlight and prioritise actions and deadlines; anticipate and provide information as required.
- Prioritise all correspondence and telephone calls for the CEO and OD and respond as appropriate, independently deal with queries and written responses on their behalf.
- Support the CEO and OD as required by scheduling, coordinating and attending meetings, taking minutes and coordinating action points within agreed timesclaes.
- Maintain all HR records including personnel files, DBS checks, annual leave, flexi-records and sickness records, probation periods and performance development reviews ensuring compliance with Data Protection requirements.
- Administer the recruitment process for new team members including placing adverts liaising with recruitment agents, collating and sending out job packs, coordination of interview process and all relevant correspondence.
- Process all pre-employment checks, new starter documentation, contracts of employment and eligibility to work documentation. Prepare induction programmes in and monitor delivery.
- Design, implement and maintain HR systems to streamline processes. Develop and maintain operational manuals/guidelines.
- Maintain up to date HR related policies and procedures on advice from outsourced HR Advisors and Legal Advisors.
- Act as firs point of contact for enquiries from the team on HR procedures
For more information on the role:
To apply, please forward a comprehensive CV with educational and professional qualifications, full employment history and current salary, in addition to a supporting statement.
The supporting statement should be no more than three sides of A4. Please provide evidence in the statement of your suitability against the criteria in the Person Specification and explain why you are interested in the position.
Applications should be submitted to
Closing date: Wednesday, 12 June 2019