Location: Cardiff Bay
Responsible to: Head of Marketing and Events (HME)
Salary Band: 5
We are looking for a Marketing and Events Executive to join the Communications team at Life Sciences Hub Wales to manage the delivery of marketing and events activity for Life Sciences Hub Wales.
The operation and role are based in Cardiff, but will also require working on a pan-Wales basis.
The success of the role will be assessed against individual objectives. Performance will also be judged against the overall delivery of the strategy.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Events to deliver impactful, integrated marketing and events activity.
- Support, monitor and evaluate the Hub’s attendance at local, national and international events and conferences.
- Explore opportunities and support activity to promote and market the Hub and its programmes through its internal programme of events.
- In conjunction with the Hub’s wider communications team, ensure that the organisation’s branding and messages are consistently applied and embedded.
- To contribute to the development of the organisation’s website and social media channels through the creation of relevant and engaging content.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Events in their reporting of event and marketing activity.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Events and the Hub’s programme leads to deliver impactful, integrated marketing and events activity, including the development of marketing collateral e.g. banners, promotional materials, brochures, leaflets and online activity.
- Support the identification and recording of stories across the Hub, proactively seeking opportunities to capture these stories and connect them with the relevant audiences.
- Support the organisation’s brand development, ensuring that the brand guidelines are being used consistently across all programme partners.
- Support the Head of Marketing and Events to create a bridge between the communications, marketing and events functions of the organisation’s strategic partners.
- Representing the organisation at events across Wales and occasionally further afield.
- Work flexibly with colleagues across the Communications, Marketing, PR and Events team to ensure that the team objectives are met.
- Plan and deliver communications throughout the lifecycle of events, from promotion to follow-up and evaluation.
- Contribute to maintaining and developing our public-facing websites, creating engaging online content that will drive more visitors to our site and keep them there for longer. Ensure that information on the websites is current, informative and compliant with the organisation’s Welsh language scheme and data protection policies.
To apply, please forward a comprehensive CV with educational and professional qualifications, full employment history and current salary, in addition to a supporting statement.
The supporting statement should be no more than three sides of A4. Please provide evidence in the statement of your suitability against the criteria in the Person Specification and explain why you are interested in the position.
Applications should be submitted to Suzanne.email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday, 3 July 2019
Interview date: Friday, 12 July 2019
For more information on the role, please see the job description below: