300 guests came together on 4 December at Cardiff’s National Museum to find out the winners of annual MediWales Innovation Awards 2019.
The evening focussed on celebrating the outstanding achievements in NHS Wales and in the Welsh life sciences and health technology sectors.
Life Sciences Hub Wales were delighted to have sponsored two of the twelve awards at the ceremony.
NHS Wales Collaboration with Welsh Industry
Awarded to Aneurin Bevan University Health Board for their work with SEWAHSP and Orchard Media to develop ten virtual reality experiences that encourage young people to consider a career in the NHS. They hope to boost understanding of NHS workforce challenges, increase employment within local communities and more.
Partnership with the NHS
This award went to Creo Medical, a medical device company focused on surgical endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery. Working in partnership with East Kent Hospitals, the company developed its advanced energy platform and endoscopic Speedboat device, which now allows complex cases to be treated on-site rather than referred elsewhere.
Cari-Anne Quinn, CEO of Life Sciences Hub Wales said;
“We were delighted to support the awards again this year and the outstanding achievements in the life sciences sector in Wales. It’s inspiring to see so many projects making a real difference to the people of Wales. A huge congratulations to Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and Creo Medical on their win.”
Congratulations to all the winners. We’re already looking forward to next year’s MediWales awards.
2019 Industry Winners
- Innovation – Magstim
- Start-up – CanSense
- Export – CellPath
- Partnership with the NHS – Creo Medical
- Outstanding Achievement – CellNess
- Industry Judges Award – Blackwood Embedded Solutions
2019 NHS Winners
- Innovation within NHS Wales – Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
- NHS Wales Collaboration with Welsh Industry – Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Efficiency through Technology Programme – High Impact Award – The All Wales Medical Genomics Service
- Health and Social Care Research Partnership with Industry –Velindre University NHS Trust
- NHS Judges Award – The Staying Steady Schools
- Special Mention – Patients Know Best
To keep up to date with all the great work going on in the life sciences sector in Wales sign up to our monthly newsletter!
Get involved in our conference
Tomorrow’s Health 2020 is the innovation conference for life science industries, health, social care and academia being held next March 2020. A packed and innovative programme will enable you to meet and connect with key individuals and organisations to assist you engage with the life sciences innovation agenda. Book your place at the Tomorrow’s Health 2020 conference today.