A vision for the future
The ILAs are helping to create the next generation of innovative global leaders in health and social care. Each academy is focusing on pioneering areas including Value-Based Health and Care, innovation, and preventative health.
Alongside each academy’s research and consultancy offer, there are several academic courses from master’s to doctorate level, all of which start this September.
The courses are developed and delivered by expert leaders who are working and researching at the forefront of their fields. You will learn alongside course mates from diverse backgrounds to co-develop valuable skills that support transformative health and social care.
Each ILA is offering:
- World-class educational programmes
- Cutting-edge research
- Tailored consultancy services
The ILA programme further highlights Wales’ pioneering approach (as outlined in ‘A Healthier Wales’) for cultivating the leadership needed to transform services. This will help the global health and social care sectors to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Life Sciences Hub Wales exists to accelerate health and social care innovation and is delighted to endorse and promote the ILAs.
Each higher education institution has worked closely with health boards, social care, academic institutions, and Welsh Government to design a variety of both bespoke and academic courses:
- 'The Value-Based Health and Care Academy’ at Swansea University offers educational courses, research opportunities and consultancy services for Value-Based Health and Care, it is the academic partner to the Value-in-Health programme in Wales, and part of the World Economic Forum’s Global Innovator Hub for Value in Healthcare.
- Bangor University’s ‘ALPHAcademy’ has been developed in collaboration with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board. It is focusing on accelerating the promotion and adoption of preventative health into practice across an integrated healthcare ecosystem (such as health and social care, third sector, housing, education, and life science industries) and within a bilingual context. It will develop a network of informed, dynamic leaders equipped to drive change to address health and linked social challenges.
- The 'All-Wales Intensive Learning Academy for Innovation in Health and Social Care' at Swansea University, which is developed in collaboration with Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Cardiff University, and the Bevan Commission, focuses on innovation and transformation within health, social care and the third sector.
Qualifications offered include:
- Executive education level CPD
- Postgraduate certificates
- Doctorate-level opportunities
- Short expert courses
Who can apply for an ILA course?
All courses welcome applications across global health, social care, and life sciences systems. Whether you are based in the UK, Europe, or beyond, you will find each course’s case-based learning invaluable to take back to your individual organisations.
There are scholarships available to those working within the health, social care, and third sector within Wales. To find out more, please enquire directly to the relevant ILA.
Note: Courses can be completed on a part or full-time basis and remote learning provisions are available.
How can I apply?
Applications are now open for ILA courses. Visit the individual academy pages to find out more.