Now in the twelfth year, the NHS Wales Awards are an opportunity to showcase good practice and innovation in transforming the quality and safety of patient care.
The Awards are open to all staff and students who have made improvements for the people in their care. We’re excited to be supporting the Awards this year to help them celebrate their great work.
Congratulations to all the finalists this year:
Delivering higher value health and care
- Aneurin Bevan UHB - Reducing ENT Outpatient Delays… Not just a Story of Continuous Improvement
- Hywel Dda UHB - Implementing Healthy Footsteps a Partnership Approach with Podiatry and the Education Programme for Patients (EPP) in Hywel Dda
- Powys tHB - Benefits of a Local Serial Casting Service for Children and Young People in Powys
Delivering person-centred services
- Cardiff and Vale UHB - A Supportive Care Pathway for Advanced Heart Failure Patients
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB - Supporting Those Living with Dementia and Behaviours That Challenge Using a Psychologically Minded, Person-Centred Approach
- Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust; Swansea Bay UHB - Welsh Ambulance Service Non Emergency Patient Transport Service End of Life Care Rapid Transport Service -
Empowering people to co-produce their care
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB - Peer Support Volunteering
- Aneurin Bevan UHB - Options, Advice and Knowledge: Putting People in the Driving Seat
- Hywel Dda UHB - The Learning Disabilities Dream Team
Enriching the wellbeing, capability and engagement of the health and care workforce
- Aneurin Bevan UHB; Welsh Government/Smart Money Cymru - Taking Responsibility for Employee Financial Wellbeing
- Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust - Trauma Risk Management Service (TRiM)
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB - Cwm Taf Morgannwg LGBT Network & Diversity Street
Improving health and wellbeing
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB - Improving Health & Wellbeing through Taff Ely Cluster 'Sheds' Development
- Swansea Bay UHB - Pre-treatment Optimisation and Pre-habilitation in Lung Cancer
- Swansea Bay UHB; Swansea Council - To Reduce Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences in Penderi Cluster, Leading to Implementation and Review of ‘Primary Care Child and Family Wellbeing Service’
Improving patient safety
- Betsi Cadwaladr UHB - Introduction of Thromboprophylaxis Walkaround to Improve Patient Safety
- Aneurin Bevan UHB - #ShareforcareWales: Reducing Health Acquired Pressure Ulcers across Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB)
- Swansea Bay UHB - Digital Innovation in Kidney Care: Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration (EPMA) for Haemodialysis
Providing services in partnership across NHS Wales
- Aneurin Bevan UHB; Cardiff and Vale UHB; Swansea Bay UHB - South Wales Motor Neurone Disease Care Network
- Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust - Advanced Paramedic Practitioners working within GP Out of Hours Services in the Hywel Dda University Health Board
- Welsh Risk Pool; Swansea Bay UHB - Swansea Bay University Health Board and Welsh Risk Pool working in partnership to reduce avoidable pressure damage across NHS Wales
Working seamlessly across the public and third sector
- Hywel Dda UHB; MIND Cymru; Department of Work and Pensions - Working Collaboratively to Improve Vocational Outcomes for Individuals Accessing The Early Intervention in Psychosis Service
- National Collaborative Commissioning Unit; Welsh Government - Red Cross Wellbeing & Discharge Service for Emergency Departments
- Velindre NHS Trust; Cardiff University - Delivering High Impact Research to improve Cancer Care through cooperation between NHS and Third Sector Organisations
The next stage is for the judging panels to visit each finalist to find out more and see first-hand the benefits they’ve brought to patients. Winners will be announced at a ceremony on the 19 September.
The NHS Wales Awards are organised by 1000 Lives, the national improvement service for NHS Wales delivered by Public Health Wales.
For more information please visit www.nhswalesawards.wales.nhs.uk.