We’ve got four vacancies available to join our Board as a Non-Executive Director and help us make Wales a place of choice for health and social care investment. This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved at strategic level in getting life sciences innovation to those who need it.
About the role
We’re looking for people with experience in:
- Senior leadership roles in the medical technology sector
- Working in the innovation funding landscape, with experience of collaborative innovation and venture capital funding particularly desirable
- Precision medicine
- The NHS from a finance and procurement perspective
It’s a particularly exciting time to join our team and make a genuine difference by creating physical and economic well-being for the people of Wales. Getting life sciences innovation to the health and social care frontline is a priority for Welsh Government. We’re proud to be playing a vital role in enabling this; acting as a dynamic interface between industry, health and social care.
What is expected from a Non-Executive Director?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and critically reviewing complex information to support strategy development
- Advising our board on key issues, offering expert opinion, challenging when appropriate, and contributing to sound decision-making
- Overseeing the effective stewardship of resources, ensuring openness and accountability in the allocation and utilisation of resources
- Advocating for our organisation across the life sciences sector
Board Members must be available to work for us a minimum of 12 days each year. The Board will meet at least six times a year.
You will be renumerated at a day rate of £282 up to a £15,000 per annum (pro rata), plus travel and subsistence.
Applications close on 8 May 2023. We expect interviews to be held during July 2023.