On Friday 4 October, industry colleagues from across the UK attended an event in Cardiff hosted by the Cancer Implementation Group and Life Sciences Hub Wales.
The purpose of the event was to:
- Launch Wales’ first Cancer Industry Forum
- Set the scene in readiness for the ‘Cancer Innovation Challenge’ event on the 28 and 29 November
- Provide industry with an opportunity to pitch to work with NHS Screening
The event was introduced by Professor Chris Jones, Deputy Chief Medical Officer for Wales who said
‘Cancer is a top priority for Wales. We are open for business and look forward to working with industry to help drive forward innovation.’
Sessions during the day included; scene setting by the Welsh Implementation Group, cancer innovation case studies, establishment of the Cancer Industry Forum and the launch of the Life Sciences Hub Wales’ forthcoming Cancer Innovation Challenge.
Industry colleagues in attendance included; Fujifilm Medical Systems, CanSense, Siemens, Roche Diagnostics, Olympus, Janssen by Johnson and Johnson and many more.
“We were delighted to see such an enthused turn out from industry at the event on Friday. Great to see such a mix of organisations from Wales and across the UK coming together to help drive forward innovation in the delivery of cancer care. A particular thanks goes to our colleagues at the Cancer Implementation group who were instrumental in bringing this event to life. There is much to do, but we’re confident that with the right people, we can make a real difference to the people of Wales” Dee Puckett, Head of Health and Social Care Engagement at Life Science Hub Wales.
Life Science Hub Wales would like to give a special thanks to the incredible Tenovus Cancer Care Choir who helped close our event, leaving everyone feeling uplifted and inspired for what’s to come…
- Join the Cancer Industry Forum: Email your request to Tracey.Hill@wales.nhs.uk.
- Save the date: Next Industry Forum event will take place on 27 February 2020.
- Cancer Innovation Challenge: 28 and 29 November, more details to follow.