Accelerate helps innovators in Wales to translate their ideas into solutions that can be adopted in health and care. If you have an idea for healthcare technology but are not sure what the next steps are, if you are a business and want to expand your offer, or if you are an allied health professional who has found a clever way of improving a process – then we would like to work with you.
Accelerate is led by Life Sciences Hub Wales, in partnership with Cardiff University (CIA), Swansea University (HTC) and University of Wales Trinity Saint David. (ATiC). Rather than providing funding or grants, the programme offers the opportunity to tap into academic expertise, a thorough understanding of the life sciences ecosystem, and the latest facilities needed by innovators and entrepreneurs to realise their ideas.
Co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the Welsh European Funding Office, Welsh Government's Health and Social Services group, universities, Life Sciences Hub Wales, and the health boards, the ultimate aim of Accelerate is to create lasting economic value for Wales.
"Developing innovative new ways of preventing, treating and improving illnesses and diseases is a vital part of Welsh Government's vision for the future of the NHS in Wales. The Accelerate programme and the new Health Innovation Centres Fund will help to develop new ideas for health products and services more quickly for us to use in our NHS and across the world."
Vaughan Gething AM, Minister for Health and Social Services, Welsh government
Accelerate: Frequently Asked Questions
We receive a number of questions about Accelerate - How does it work, how can Accelerate help me and who can apply to work with us. For more information visit our FAQs page. If you can't find the answer you need, contact one of our Accelerate team by emailing: email@example.com
How to apply
If you think Accelerate can help you and your business, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call on 02920 467030. We'll be on hand to help you understand whether this programme is suitable for you.
Please be prepared to talk about the following in our initial discussions please:
- Your idea and the problem you are trying to solve
- The challenges you face in developing this idea
- Overview of progress to date.
- ATiC are hiring a Project Innovation Fellow to join their team and contribute to the groundbreaking work that goes at their facilities in Swansea. ATiC are looking for a dynamic biochemical research specialist who can join their multi-disciplinary team in supporting and developing innovation projects. Find out more here
- We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team as the Head of Accelerate. Reporting back to the chief operating officer, the acceleration head is critical to the successful delivery of the Accelerate programme. Find out more here
Stay up to date with Accelerate
We want to keep in touch! Sign up here to receive our newsletter.
To find out more about Accelerate email:email@example.com