Healthy Thinking brings together a panel of experts to provide clear guidance for industry to address the immediate needs of NHS Wales.
Listen to this episode of Healthy Thinking on:
The onset of the Coronavirus pandemic has placed an unprecedented demand on the provision of Personal Protective Equipment for frontline health and social care workers. Offers of help have been pouring in and Life Sciences Hub Wales has been appointed by Welsh Government to collate and offer guidance to businesses offering their services to support NHS Wales.
In this podcast, presented by Life Sciences Hub Wales’ deputy Chair Chris Martin, we’ll hear from a panel of experts recorded at a recent event who explain what manufacturers need to do- and consider- in order to effectively and safely produce and supply PPE products to the NHS.
- Darren Hughes, Director of the Welsh NHS Confederation gives an overview of the current situation in Wales.
- Graham Davies Deputy Director, NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership gives an explanation of the procurement process
- Pete Phillips Director of Surgical Medical Testing Laboratory and NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership gives a clear resume of the standards and requirements of a range of PPE @10’09
- Sheridan Methuen, Head of Industry Engagement at Life Sciences Hub Wales explains their involvement @17’08
- There’s also a success story from Lorenzo Angelucci, CEO of Transcend Packaging in Caerphilly @19’54.The company normally makes paper straws and recyclable cups for McDonalds but when the call to action came from the NHS, Lorenzo says they turned their hand to manufacturing eye protection. He talks about his journey to seek BSI certification with Life Sciences Hub Wales’ help to get the visors to the frontline in 10 days instead of 18 months.
How to listen to Healthy Thinking
Listen to our Welsh language sister podcast, Syniadau Iach, which hears from leading thinkers in health and care innovation in the medium of Welsh